First of all welcome back after a long break! It’s been a long time since the last post was published on our blog. Finally we are back with something fresh and we hope you will enjoy it! The first entry after the break is about an unusual program organized by the School of Polish Language and Culture of the John Paull II Catholic University of Lublin. The School was established in 1974 making it one of the oldest institutions in Poland of such kind. Its students can receive American or European credits for taking the courses. The School of Polish Language and Culture KUL participates in the national system of granting certificates of Polish as a foreign language. Here we present a concise information on the Summer School program carried out by the School.
The Summer School of Polish Language and Culture runs each year in July and August since 1974
45th edition is coming this year!
Our program distinguishes itself from others by allowing our students to design their own programs, they are always adjusted to the needs of our participants. We always try to be flexible!
The uniqueness of our Summer School can be described
in a few simple points:
- First of all our participants have a choice of courses lasting from 2 to 8 weeks that is the only program in Poland allowing for such a wide range of learning opportunities.
- As mentioned above there is an option for modifying the program to your individual needs, e.g. if you require more individual consultations you can request more of them, at the same time resigning from lectures or taking more classes than envisaged in the original program under additional arrangements. Also if you are interested in specific vocabulary we can always try to adjust that to your own needs.
- We offer one of a kind levels of intensity!
- Semi-intensive – with 4 hours* a day + a lecture
- Intensive – with 6 hours a day + a lecture
- Highly-intensive – the same as in an intensive course but with additional four hours a week of individual consultations.
Apart from rich and intensive language courses the cultural component of the Summer School is carried out by providing lectures on Polish culture, history, literature, music, or contemporary issues. The lectures are delivered in Polish and English.
Explore our country!
The Summer School of Polish Language and Culture is not only about studying! To give you a relief after hard working days spent on learning one of the most difficult languages in the world we prepared rich cultural and social activities. This includes:
- one-day trips to picturesque places in the Lublin region where students are given a unique opportunity to see some of the masterpieces of Polish art and architecture;
- sightseeing of Warsaw, the capital of Poland;
- trips to interesting places along Poland’s eastern frontier;
- all of these activities are included in the course fee!
Prices and application procedure
The prices of our courses ranges from 600 EUR to 3000 EUR depending on your individual choice (2,3,4,5,6,7, or 8 weeks starting at the beginning or the end of July). The longer the course the lower the price per hour of lesson. The fee includes board and accommodation, course books and the necessary teaching materials as well as plays, concerts and the trips.
More information on specific dates and prices are available on our website (click here to redirect).
Attention! You can negotiate your price, contact us for more details!
The online application form is available HERE
The deadline for applications is May 30 each year!
Feel free to ask in case of any questions!
You can drop us an e-mail at: